Rafael Castillo recently joined Quantel and Snell as vice president of the company's Latin American operations.
The company provides technology for the media and broadcast industry, including software and hardware solutions.
Most recently, Castillo served as vice president of Latin America for SeaChange International. He also previously held positions with Grass Valley for more than 18 years, including seven years as senior vice president of Latin America.
"Rafael brings to the company an excellent technical background, deep knowledge of the marketplace and strong relationships he has developed throughout the region," Russ Johnson, senior vice president for the Americas, said. "Rafael's innovative management skills yield highly successful sales organizations, and will effectively address our customer and partner needs in Latin America."
Castillo supported Quantel and Snell's regional channel partners at the Cine Expo Video show in Mexico City last week. Solutions on display included studio, sports, news production, workflow automation, routing systems, signal processing/conversion, and integrated distribution and playout.
"It is a great honor to be leading Quantel and Snell business within Latin America and the Caribbean region," Castillo said. "Our portfolio of solutions provides our customers with the right tools to significantly improve efficiency of content production and drive distribution across multiples models and platforms."
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar