Daimler’s wholly owned subsidiary, Daimler Colombia S.A., is opening a bus plant in Funza, Colombia, with an installed capacity of 4,000 units per year.
A total of $2 million is being invested in the Colombian bus plant, which occupies 11,000 square meters. Daimler's is preparing for the growing demand for regular buses as well as efficient mobility solutions in the metropolises of the region.
“In a currently challenging market such as Latin America, we are investing in the future viability of our locations and in modern vehicle technologies,” Head of Daimler Buses Hartmut Schick said. “With the new bus assembly, we want to further tap into market potentials in the Latin American bus vehicle business.”
The Latin American market is the second largest bus region in the world.
“With our modern bus portfolio featuring BlueTec 5 technology, we are meeting the growing demand of the Colombian market and our neighboring Latin American countries for clean and efficient vehicles,” President of Daimler Colombia S.A.
Mathias Held said.
The TransMilenio BRT system in Bogota is an example of a successful transport solution for a metropolis home to millions of people. More than 2,300 buses from Daimler are running in the SITP and TransMilenio system in Bogotá.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Daimler ?
Next time we write about Daimler, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar